SYLVANIA SUMMER ROADTRIP SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited by law and outside the United States. Subject to all federal, state and local laws, regulations, and ordinances. Sweepstakes begins on June 20, 2022 at 10:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on July 20, 2022 at 11:59:00 p.m. ET (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes. Participation constitutes participant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes and which Sponsor may decide in its sole discretion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Void where prohibited.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The SYLVANIA Summer Roadtrip Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal U.S. residents currently residing in the United States (excluding Puerto Rico, American territories, and Rhode Island) and the District of Columbia who are of the age of majority as of the date of entry. OSRAM SYLVANIA Inc., (“Sponsor”), its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies, website providers and each of their employees, officers, and directors (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household are not eligible to enter or win.
2. SPONSOR: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by OSRAM SYLVANIA Inc., 275 West Main Street, Hillsboro, NH 03244.
3. HOW TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period, you may enter the Sweepstakes online by visiting the SYLVANIA Automotive website (www.sylvania-automotive.com/summer-sweepstakes.html) and completing and submitting the entry form (the “Entry”). All entries must be received by the end time and date of the Sweepstakes Period to be valid and eligible. Incorrect and incomplete Entries are void. These Official Rules are also available at www.sylvania-automotive.com/summer-sweepstakes-rules.html.
Limit of one (1) Entry per eligible person per day during the Sweepstakes Period. For purposes of this Promotion, a “day” begins at 12:00 a.m. ET and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET (unless specified otherwise). If multiple Entries are received, only the first Entry per Website will be accepted and additional Entries will be disqualified. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by you to obtain more than one (1) Entry per Website, per day by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations or logins, or any other methods may void your Entries and you may be disqualified from the Promotion. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, sweepstakes or other promotion entry services) will void all Entries by you. In the event of a dispute as to any online Entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant and such individual must comply with these Official Rules. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Prospective Prize Winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
Note: In order to access the Websites and in an effort to optimize the Websites’ user experience, ad blocking software on your computer may need to be disabled
5. SELECTION OF WINNERS: On or about July 25, 2022, Sponsor will select the name of potential winners of prizes in a random drawing from among all entries received. The odds of winning are based on the number of eligible entries received. The potential winner[s] will be notified either by (i) email or (ii) phone on or about July 25, 2022.
Except where legally prohibited, each potential Prize winner must sign and return, within seven (7) days of being notified, an Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted in person via email after the first attempt to contact him/her, or if he/she fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release or any other documentation that Sponsor may require, in its sole discretion, within the required time period (if applicable), or in the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. If Sponsor is unable to determine and verify a potential winner after repeated alternate drawings or if Sponsor fails to receive a sufficient number of entries to correspond to the number of prize(s) available to be awarded, Sponsor reserves the right to not award all prize(s).
Verification of Potential Winners: All potential WINNERS are subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decisions are final AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. A participant is not a winner of any prize unless and until participant’s eligibility HAS been verified and participant has been notified that verification is complete.
6. PRIZES: There will be five  Prizes awarded to five  Winners. Each Prize consists of the following products: One (1) SYLVANIA Silverstar Ultra 2 pack to replace the Low Beam Headlight application of the vehicle provided during Entry. One (1) SYLVANIA Headlight Restoration Kit. One (1) SYLVANIA Roadsight Pro Dash Camera. One (1) SYLVANIA RAPID Portable Tire Inflator. One (1) SYLVANIA Power Inverter 120W. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Prize: $349.95. Total ARV of all prizes to be awarded: $1,749.75.
PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Limit one (1) prize per person and per household. The Prize will be delivered via standard ground shipping, and is not eligible to be shipped via expedited or to Alaska and Hawaii. Installation of the products is not included as part of the Prize. Any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of prize not specifically stated herein are the responsibility solely of winner. The Prize cannot be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize or portions thereof, with a prize comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Sweepstakes. If, by reason of a print or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, prize winner(s) will be selected in accordance with the winner selection method described above from among all eligible claimants making purportedly valid claims to award the advertised number of prizes available.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Participation constitutes participant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, telephone transmission problems, or garbled transmissions or miscommunications; computer or software malfunctions, or damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware); technical failures; or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise. Proof of sending or submission of entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE, APPLICATION, OR OTHER DIGITAL PLATFORM ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, any website, application, or other digital platform associated with the Sweepstakes, and/or the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes cannot be run as planned, Sponsor may disqualify any suspect entries and (a) suspend the Sweepstakes and modify the Sweepstakes to address the impairment, then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or (b) terminate the sweepstakes and award the prize at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND RELEASES; PUBLICITY: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES AND ITS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, REPRESENTATIVES, CONSULTANTS, CONTRACTORS, LEGAL COUNSEL, ADVERTISING, PUBLIC RELATIONS, PROMOTIONAL, FULFILLMENT AND MARKETING AGENCIES, WEBSITE OR APPLICATION PROVIDERS, WEB MASTERS, ANY OTHER ENTITY INVOLVED IN THE MARKETING, PROMOTION, DEVELOPMENT, ADMINISTRATION, OPERATION, OR FULFILLMENT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR PREPARATION, MANUFACTURE, PROVISION, OR DELIVERY OF ANY PRIZE OR PRIZE COMPONENT, AND ITS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY PARTICIPANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION INJURIES, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF THIS SWEEPSTAKES CANNOT BE ADMINISTERED OR CONDUCTED OR ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS RESULTING OR ARISING FROM ACTS OF GOD, WAR, OR TERRORISM, CIVIL UNREST, STRIKES, SUPPLY SHORTAGES, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, EPIDEMICS, PANDEMICS, WIDESPREAD ILLNESS, COMPLIANCE WITH ANY LAW OR ORDER OF A GOVERNMENTAL AUTHORITY, OR ANY OTHER SIMILAR ACT, EVENT, OR OCCURANCE BEYOND THE REASONABLE CONTROL OF THE SPONSOR. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEBSITE, APPLICATION, OR OTHER DIGITAL PLATFORM ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SUCH WEBSITE, APPLICATION, OR OTHER DIGITAL PLATFORM.
EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES CONSTITUTES PARTICIPANT’S GRANT TO SPONSOR (WHICH GRANT WILL BE CONFIRMED IN WRITING ON REQUEST OF SPONSOR), AND THE RELEASED PARTIES THE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, AND USE, WORLD WIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WORLD WIDE WEB, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES, THE PARTICIPANT’S ENTRY, NAME, PORTRAIT, PICTURE, VOICE, LIKENESS, OPINIONS AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO HOMETOWN AND STATE) FOR ADVERTISING, TRADE, AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES (INCLUDING THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF HIS OR HER NAME ON TELEVISION OR RADIO BROADCAST) WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION, COMPENSATION, PERMISSION, OR NOTIFICATION.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT SUCH ENTRY, COMMUNICATIONS OR SUBMISSIONS, CREATIVE SUGGESTIONS, IDEAS, NOTES, CONCEPTS OR OTHER MATERIALS (“MATERIALS”) THAT PARTICIPANT MAY SUBMIT TO SPONSOR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING ALL RIGHTS EMBODIED THEREIN, WHETHER SENT VIA THE WEBSITE, BY ELECTRONIC MAIL OR BY SOME OTHER MEANS, SHALL BE DEEMED TO BE NON-CONFIDENTIAL, NON-PROPRIETARY AND SPONSOR SHALL HAVE NO OBLIGATION OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO SUCH MATERIALS AND SHALL BE FREE TO EDIT, EXPLOIT, MODIFY, PUBLISH, REPRODUCE, USE, DISCLOSE, DISSEMINATE AND DISTRIBUTE THE MATERIALS TO OTHERS WITHOUT LIMITATION IN ANY AND ALL MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR NOT CURRENTLY KNOWN, THROUGHOUT THE WORLD IN PERPETUITY FOR ANY PURPOSE WITHOUT COMPENSATION, PERMISSION OR NOTIFICATION TO PARTICIPANT OR ANY THIRD-PARTY. PARTICIPANT HEREBY GRANTS TO THE SPONSOR AND ITS LEGAL REPRESENTATIVES, SUCCESSORS, AND ASSIGNS, AN IRREVOCABLE, AND WORLD-WIDE LICENSE TO USE IN PERPETUITY THE MATERIALS IN ANY FORM OR FORMAT AND TO MODIFY THE SAME, AND ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT IF SPONSOR DOES USE THE MATERIALS PARTICIPANT SHALL NOT BE ENTITLED TO ANY CREDIT, CONSIDERATION, NOTICE OR PAYMENTS OF ANY KIND. PARTICIPANT WAIVES ANY MORAL RIGHTS HE OR SHE MAY HAVE TO THE MATERIALS, AND AGREES THAT IF SPONSOR ELECTS TO USE MATERIALS FOR ANY PURPOSE, ALL RIGHTS UNDER COPYRIGHT OR OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS WHICH MAY RESULT FROM THAT RELATING TO PARTICIPANT’S MATERIALS OR FROM USE OF THE SAME BY SPONSOR SHALL BE THE SOLE PROPERTY OF SPONSOR. PARTICIPANT FURTHER AGREES THAT IF SPONSOR ELECTS TO USE PARTICIPANT’S MATERIALS, PARTICIPANT WILL EXECUTE ANY DOCUMENTS REQUESTED BY SPONSOR REGARDING THIS ASSIGNMENT. IF ANY USE BY SPONSOR OF THE MATERIALS CAUSES IT TO BE LIABLE TO ANY THIRD-PARTY, PARTICIPANT AGREES TO INDEMNIFY SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL DAMAGES, COSTS, JUDGMENTS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEY FEES) WHICH IT INCURS AS A RESULT OF ITS USE OF THE MATERIALS. MATERIALS WILL NOT BE RETURNED TO PARTICIPANTS.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING ALL PRIZES, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
9. DISPUTES. This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and the State of New Hampshire. Except where prohibited, participant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of New Hampshire or the appropriate State Court located in New Hampshire; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes not to exceed fifty US Dollars (US$50.00), but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses (not to exceed fifty U.S. Dollars ($50.00), and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New Hampshire, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New Hampshire or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New Hampshire.
11. OFFICIAL RULES AND WINNERS LIST: For a copy of the Official Rules, www.sylvania-automotive.com/summer-sweepstakes-rules.html. For the names of the Winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope within ninety (90) days of the end of the Entry Period to: 275 West Main Street, Hillsboro, NH 03244, Attn: Marketing – SYLVANIA Summer Roadtrip Sweepstakes.
© 2022 OSRAM SYLVANIA Inc. All trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners in the United States and abroad. All rights reserved.